Senior Network Engineer (Cisco)
(FULL Time – Salary Position)
Job Description/Responsibilities: Responsibilities include planning, designing and implementing network infrastructure and solutions for both of CyberLynk’s datacenters. Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting, installing, implementing and administering these network systems and providing Tier III support. Also analyze capacity issues and develop capacity planning models. Responsible for ensuring planned testing activities are executed and for developing network security guidelines.
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Planning: Conducts short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements.
- Network System Design and Implementation: Designs and implements network systems.
- Strong working familiarity with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
- Network Connectivity: Provides support for network connectivity or related network issues.
- Network Installation: Plans and monitors the installation of network systems.
- Network Monitoring: Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Recommends network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Issue Resolution: Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves network problems. Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
- Capacity Planning: Analyzes facilities bandwidth requirements and system inter-dependencies. Develops capacity planning models.
- Disaster Recovery: Ensures planned testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met.
- Network Performance Assessment: Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs of the business. Provides network planning recommendations to management.
- Vendor Management: Evaluates services provided by vendors and recommends changes.
- Knowledge of Enterprise system monitoring and management tools such as SolarWinds, Cacti, MRTG, and Nagios.
- Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN and NAC.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to provide easy to understand explanations of technology for nontechnical managers, directors and above. Great people skills are a must!
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Ability to act as Network Engineering Manager in the absence of the manager.
- This position works under limited supervision.
- Designs technical solutions and coordinates with the management to ensure timely and accurate implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college (not required if you are awesome) or military background
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), or Voice Professional (CCVP), or Wireless (CCNP Wireless), or Network Security (CCSP)
- 3+ years Datacenter or large Cisco network experience
- Background in IT or in a Data Center team
- System Monitoring and Automation
- Good knowledge of network design – Working with Firewalls, DNS, Load Balancers
- Advanced systems troubleshooting skills
- Prior experience in software as service architectures (SaaS)
- Experience working with an On Demand company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently and well on a team
- Creative thinking and ability to ‘think outside the box’ are ESSENTIAL
- Well organized, attentive to details, and able to meet demanding deadlines
- 3+ years Datacenter experience
- ISP, Website & Email Hosting, Co-Location experience
- Knowledge of BGP and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of DDOS Attacks, mitigation and industry best practices.
- Knowledge of Linux and/or Windows Operating Systems.
- Familiarity with network, server and storage virtualization, i.e. VMWare, vSphere.
- Extensive experience with VOIP
- Advanced knowledge of IOS, EIGRP, BGP, GRE and OSPF.
- Prefer some programming experience (particularly ASP, PHP, HTML, MySQL, SQL, etc)
What you will be doing:
- Managing Cisco networking devices across two datacenters
- Act as organizational interface with customers and provide internal analysis and support
- Help design new architectures and systems as CyberLynk datacenters grow
- Design and configure Cisco related architecture for colocation and IT Consulting customer LAN networks
- Regular contact with internal and external customers and contractor representatives involved with LAN/WAN design, network implementation, and network management.
- Tier III tech support for networking only
If you are a team player that thinks outside of the box; if you are motivated, a self-starter, and can perform daily functions without supervision, CyberLynk is looking for you! Join a team that is shaping the way that Business Internet Services are provided in the Midwest. Based on the concept of building relationships and providing solutions, the CyberLynk team continues to be very successful.
CyberLynk offers a competitive salary, 401K matching, 100% company paid health care premiums, comprehensive benefits package, and virtually unlimited advancement opportunity. CyberLynk also offers the opportunity for talented individuals to grow in an entrepreneurial environment.
CyberLynk is locally owned and operated and is an equal opportunity employer.