OS X / Linux Systems Engineer – Phoenix and Milwaukee
(FULL Time – Salary Position)
Job Description/Responsibilities: CyberLynk is currently seeking a OS X / Linux Systems Engineer to join our growing Engineering department.This is a full time salaried position in Milwaukee, WI or Phoenix, AZ. You must already live in the area or be willing to relocate for this position.
CyberLynk is seeking a Systems Engineer that will contribute within a team environment to deploy, manage, and maintain Linux and OS X servers.
CyberLynk is a Data Center and ISP company that was founded in 1995. At CyberLynk we try to create a positive ‘entrepreneurial’ working environment and motivate ‘out of the box’ thinking. CyberLynk operates MacMiniVault.com as well as other Mac based hosting brands. We are looking for engineers with a passion for Mac’s that also have deep rooted command line skills and at least some exposure to Linux.
If you live in Milwaukee or Phoenix, are a self-starter, passionate about Apple products and have the right skill set, you will have the opportunity to work out of our datacenter in Milwaukee or Phoenix. Contact us for more information.
- Assist customers through phone and email support systems
- Deploy servers and manage day-to-day server related tasks
- Participate in on call rotation with team members
- Manage and execute various technical projects
- Testing and developing new services and solutions
- 3+ years of OS X or Linux administration
- OS X 10.7/10.8 and RHEL/CentOS 5.x-6.x experience
- Equivalent training to Apple ACTC or Red hat RHCE
- Background in hosting configurations (DNS, Apache, etc)
- Experience with cPanel, WHM, WordPress, Webmin is a plus
- Understanding of network technologies and configurations
- Efficient at command line tasks, scripting, and automation
- Background in troubleshooting and diagnosing IT systems
- A Creative and Entrepreneurial passion is preferred
- Self motivation and a strong attention to detail
If you are a team player that thinks outside of the box; if you are motivated, a self-starter, and can perform daily functions without supervision, CyberLynk is looking for you! Join a team that is shaping the way that Business Internet Services are provided in the Midwest. Based on the concept of building relationships and providing solutions, the CyberLynk team continues to be very successful.
CyberLynk offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and virtually unlimited advancement opportunity. CyberLynk also offers the opportunity for talented individuals to grow in an entrepreneurial environment.
CyberLynk is locally owned and operated and is an equal opportunity employer.